Thursday, November 27, 2014

Contigo


I just have to share the sheer joy I am experiencing NOT hosting Thanksgiving dinner for the second time in two years.

Why I dutifully did it,  how I did it enthusiastically ,year after year, after three full force work days in the shop churning out complicated centerpiece after centerpiece, I can't quite imagine.

Today I'm cutting brussel sprouts off the stalks for the one and only dish I will be making, dancing in the kitchen to this, doing a little laundry, replying to many Thanksgiving texts, wearing my Detroit Lions jersey hoping for a better game today.

Neighbors are dropping by, cats are putting their paws over their ears in protest to the music,I'm deep into my 3rd iced latte, the snow/rain/snow/sleet has stopped and all is well in my world.

For this I am grateful.

I'm going to my neighbor Vicky's house for dinner, her family arrived last night and I lounged about in my pajamas and supervised the pie making. Her father has been hiding out in my house this morning trying to avoid the work. But they found him and I had to send him back.

It is so wonderful not to have my eyes on the clock, watching the hours fly by as I attempt to do 100 impossible things before dinner. I have just spent 3 days doing that. 





Wishing everyone a day filled with music, laughter, great food, flowers, friends and family, cats and dogs, children, football and lots of leftovers.

Oh and help with the dishes.

xo J


13 comments:

  1. I hope the father found another place of refuge. I worry about him now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen him go in and out the tool shed. It is worrisome. Thank you as ever for your concern.

      Now you know how I felt about your lipstick.

      Delete
  2. Baggy clothes, no concealer, slippers only and a clean kitchen to work in later. No deadlines, no phone calls, no more stressed shopping for the perfect container at the crack of dawn after a night of little sleep! (why did I say yes)?

    THANK YOU, THANKSGIVING! and thank you dear Jane - grateful for your friendship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you, oh perfect confidant.

      And I have no idea why you said yes, you are too kind.

      I better come up and toughen you up!

      Delete
  3. Your day sounds so happy! Enjoy your din-din :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I know I'll love the company. Dinner is almost second in this regard.

      Almost.

      Delete
  4. So glad you are not only a guest, but totally well this year. Enjoy your time ... heavy duties to come way too soon. You're on my thankful list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds quite relaxing....enjoy the feast and festivities.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a lovely time. I'm sure your dish was a big hit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Serious cooks love to be cooked for, so I know you're going to really enjoy this meal.... x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you were able to take it easy. Happy belated Thanksgiving Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds perfect. We did a potluck Thanksgiving at a friend's house. It's so much better when everyone chips in and all the stress isn't on one person.

    ReplyDelete