Friday, December 28, 2012

Having A Party (In The House)

Hmmm, just wondering what everyone's plans for New Years are.

Having a party, going to a party, staying home and being cosy?

Unusually enough we are going out to a should be fun with a touch of fancy party.

But we will have a few flowers and maybe a blooming plant or two about the house.


So do you think we can get it together for Flowers In The House? 

This Monday, the 31st.

I have been too crazy these last 2 months to even host but if you have the time and energy I can run the vacuum and put out a plate of cookies, maybe pour a glass of something bubbly.

Calling all corners of the earth to the last FITH of 2012.

You in?

If you have never engaged in this, it's pretty simple.  You take some pictures of  flowers or plants or whathavyou in your house, or garden or front stoop, write a post then high tail it over here. I have a Mr. Linky thingy up.  You link your name and URL and leave a comment.  Then you go and visit others who are hosting and leave them a comment.

It's a fun way to meet new friends and greet old ones.

A nice way to finish up a year that wasn't always kind.











14 comments:

  1. How do I play ? Hope your holidays have been super so far : )
    Xo Robyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robyn, I just added a how-to paragraph. Thanks for the suggestion. Excited you might join in. xo

      Delete
  2. No flowers here. Bad florist I know. Sold everything and the three amaryllis I had put aside to take home also mysteriously got sold...

    We 're having folks over New Year's Day. Sans flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had flowers and pretty living things all month long and no FITH...and I know this because I keep checking. I never miss one, so I can only hope that the paperwhites I planted did something wonderful while I've been soaking up the sun in Jamaica. Another words...count me in...pour me a glass and save me one of those star cookies.
    xo
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew something had been amiss for the last couple of months. Will try and join in...certainly pay a visit at the least.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always in! Makes me try harder. I love your arrangement.

    We always stay home and have a buffet of h'ors d'ouvres and a bit of bubbly for me and martini for my guy. We'll imagine you all are here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luckily I have something I prepared earlier! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Jane

    Wishing you a very Happy New Year full of only the best.

    We are celebrating at a friend's beach cottage,her husband plays bluegrass and the band are coming, so lots of fun and southern fare.

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fun thing to do on the 31st! Thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're also going to a party...hmm, scary. I always avoid them and have New Year a deux is possible. The subway should be fun, in the wee hours. If the flowers hang in there, I'll see you on Monday :-)

    ReplyDelete