Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Reason #8 Why 2013 Is Going To Be A Fabulous Year

You know how it is when you arrive home for the third straight day in a row and your heat isn't working and the repairman has just come and gone leaving behind a "Missed  You" note on the door of a very chilly house?

Miss you very much , you trill in a Lily Allen kind of way, but then you notice a big package on your stoop.

And it has your name and address on it and the sender is none other than Shelley?


And you hoist up the box and  open the door and watch all the critters leap out and scatter about the yard while you plug in the space heater and against all advice turn on the oven to heat up the kitchen.

And then and only then do you grab a knife and slip the package open to find another box wrapped with a gold ribbon.  And under the ribbon is a lovely note full of all the reasons Shelly saw fit to send  the most beautiful, Wedgwood green Majolica compote in the sunflower pattern.


Which goes beautifully with my green Wedgwood Majolica plates in the sunflower pattern.


And now sits in a place of honor in the middle of the table holding a pomegranate.

I'm pretty sure it will feature in many upcoming posts holding a little bit of this or a lot of that.

I'm also pretty sure my heart will remain full of love and thanks for Shelly's presence in my life and now on my table.

Welcome and thank you again. And again.

xo jane






18 comments:

  1. Gasp! So pretty. And I also spy an original Gillian deer head card!

    All SO much better than heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The repairman got to watch me work on this post while FINALLY fixing the oil burner.

      He was puzzled. I was elated. And yes, the card is the gilding on the lily.

      Delete
  2. Blogtopian people are just the best ever. What a good, kind Shelley she is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's often the contrast between the terribly annoying and the wonderful that make the wonderful really shine. And your pomegranate is the perfect accompaniment to your new Wedgwood addition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on a mind that even if I had just won the lottery I would still be over the moon about the compote:-)

      Delete
  4. Love your gift of Wedgewood Majolica . . . VERY MUCH . . . I hope your heat is warming you up, very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks perfect in your house. I'm with Denise - the pomegranate is a nice touch! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My house never thought it would hold such a treasure. Thank you.

      Delete
  6. It is beautiful! I do hope you heat is back on. That become miserable pretty fast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous! How sweet of Shelley to send a totally unexpected gift. Hope you are warm by bedtime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, now didn't that stunningly gorgeous piece make the house all warm and fuzzy. Great timing Shelley! What a color! Am I gushing? Are you afraid I'll be lurking outside waiting until you go out? You have oil heat too? Ugh, the horror. I need a majolica compote :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful treat to start off the New Year! It's definitely a good omen :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty...and what a lovely surprise to distract you from the chill. Love the card too!
    xo
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  11. A surprise gift - especially one from the heart - overcomes all chilliness! How very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky lady! What a stunning platter...oh that colour x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful blog! Do you have any recommendations for
    aspiring writers? I'm hoping to start my own website soon but I'm a little lost on everything.

    Would you suggest starting with a free platform like
    Wordpress or go for a paid option? There are so many choices out there that
    I'm completely overwhelmed .. Any ideas? Thank you!
    Also visit my blog - Muscle Building Review

    ReplyDelete