Thursday, July 14, 2011

Orange You Glad I'm Giving You A Sneak Peek?

I got a call this morning from the boss, er I mean the bride, telling me to make her bouquet very tiny. Good God, she's 5' 10" and big boned.  I'm tiny.  She's a presence. A force of nature.

And to make her Matron Of Honour's bouquet even tinier. Use only 3 flowers.

Whatever.

She's got the big fun roses and the mini sunflowers.  I tucked in a few hypericum berries and a ruffle of lady's mantle.  She be loving the chartreuse too.



And I did make the MOH's small, I used orange floribunda roses and a few tiny stems of  crocosmia, and more of the lady's mantle.  Oh and one random dahlia bud I found on the table.



 I just saw the picture and I realized I had used three Gypsy Curiosa roses too.  Do they count?

The flowers are already stunned  that they're sitting on my table and not in a cooler somewhere.  Wait till they take their road trip.

I was so swept up in the moment I rushed out and bought a little orange cardigan for the wedding.  I hear it gets cool at night.  I vaguely remember cool.

This post was just interrupted by my friend Larry from NYC  calling to send his love to the bride and fill me in on all the NY gossip. It has occurred to me I'm bringing so many well wishes and love and hugs to the bride I might have to pack an extra bag.

My head's a spinning. I'm off to pack for the lake and the mountains and some big fun.

xo Jane

20 comments:

  1. They are both lovely. I especially love the MOH bouquet. You are so creative and talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the boquets are glorious. and do you ever stop?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy for you, you sound so excited! The bouquets are very pretty and I
    am sure the bride will be thrilled with all of the love pouring out of them from your thoughtful arranging. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, note to self: Do not ask for a small bouquet, 5'11" is too much bride for something dainty

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are lovely, Jane, but I hope the bride can't count! She meant three TYPES of flowers - right? have a wonderful time. I love a wedding! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Have a lovely time with your old friend. I loved your post about her and your friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty--it's fun to hear the details. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jane have fun !! I love the mountains .Enjoy the wedding and the flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jane, those bouquets are so gorgeous and happy looking - hope they stay perky for the duration!

    Have a ball in your orange cardi. We are all awaiting the stories on your return! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful bouquets - lurve the rose and sunflower mix. Have a great trip! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun Jane - I know you will! The bouquets are simply stunning. I don't care how we have to do it - You ARE doing my daughter's wedding (someday...)! happy weekend to you!
    Karin
    Lifeinsmallchunks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, if fact their sunnyness made me smile. I can tell you all about cool at the moment, the weather here is pants! Have a lovely time :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderfully happy they look...just perfect. have fun and bring back lots of pics!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the idea of the random dalhia bud, found on the table, being tucked into the bouquet...you're a scream! Have fun. Robx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want a little orange cardigan... Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How lovely. Now I'm looking forward to hearing all about it and to seeing your photo's, including one of the orange cardi!

    ReplyDelete
  17. these are lovely bouquets! i do so love reading about your life in flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh! and i hope you had a wonderful time at the wedding and that the cardigan kept you warm!

    ReplyDelete