Monday, July 6, 2015

Once Upon A Time


I wrote a long blogpost a few hours ago and then the computer ate it. Editing?

I don't have the heart to do it again so I'll just give you the bullet points.

Owners out of town for 24 days, 4 to go.

In that time we have had our flower cleaner quit, our driver tear ligaments in his ankle and massive amounts of rain fall both from the heavens and from our roof, close to the computers natch.

And not just one rainfall.

While we haven't been busy at work, we've been busy at work.

On the home front the Swiss intern arrived on the 3rd just in time to experience total hood immersion holiday style.

The party started around 4:00. I left at 11:pm, she came home at 2:00am and the stalwart rocked it until 5:30am.

We take the 4th of July very seriously around here.

She was amazed by the welcome; her calender is full, the neighbors are smitten. We hate to leave the block so when I show up with a  fairytale creature all long limbs, black hair and navy blue eyes, tatts and an accent....

Well let's just say my black bean/ brown rice salad was redundant.

I had already paid the price of admission.

So when shop owners return on Saturday and I get the hell outta dodge on Monday the 13th. the cats will have a built in babysitter, the neighbors will all be babysitting the babysitter and the garden will grow thick with weeds. ( outta dodge is off to Cape Cod and my friend Susan's house which contains the best guest room in the universe. Not to mention a stream of delicious food, 3 white doggies, proximity to lobster rolls and a perfect showerhead)




Weeds. That's the Brothers Grimm twist for you.













28 comments:

  1. Is outta dodge going to involve sun hats and swimming pools?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Guess I was so busy blasting through my bullet points I forgot to elaborate. I'll go add a few details.

      Xo


      Delete
  2. I know I say this all the time, but I can't get over how lucky, and blessed, you are to be surrounded by so many fabulous people. You just seem to fall right in the middle of the most interesting, friendliest, really good people. Have fun in Cape Cod! That is on the top of my must visit list.

    What's happening with the gun shop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you're having the same experience in your new town, no?

      The gun shop seems to be moving in ninja style. They only work on the weekends when most of the stores are closed.

      Still hoping for a legal miracle.

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your time off in Cape Cod Jane, and say hi to Susan for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time off at the Cape. I was getting worried about you and was ready to shoot out one of my Mother Hen emails. Whew! Glad to see it's just downpours and such.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, but it's surprising how much time all that takes up.

      Good blogging time!

      Delete
    2. Jane, we need to convince Amelia to try Instagram. Imagine all those cute pictures of Max. And those meals she cooks. Plus she wouldn't worry about you so much.

      Delete
  5. i love that you have sitters watching the sitters. i wish i had that at my home right now!
    your getaway sounds positively wicked. wish i were going...x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful trip and get some rest! Is your shoulder ok now? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks webb. My shoulder is great except when I carry too much weight with it, but then it's better by the next day,

      Delete
  7. You know the adage: When it rains, it pours.

    Sounds like one hell of a party and the perfect time for a vacation. We know your intern is in good hands and the cats will be smitten. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn right that old adage.

      Yeah, they give their hearts away so easily. Though Gus has taken to spending the day outside and only showing up when I come home from work.

      Gonna be a long, hungry week for him if he doesn't wise up.

      Delete
  8. Has it been a whole year since you went to the Cape? We'll all be waiting for the pics.
    What's the Swiss girl's blog name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been, I was going to visit this winter.....

      I think we'll call her Natasha, someone introduced her as such at the party.

      Must be the accent.

      Delete
  9. Oh what a fun time to look forward to! I'll be living vicariously through you on Instagram! ;) Have a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'll be working on your book, I hope?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope your time on the Cspe is wonderful!
    I always love reading what you're up to.
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry weird spacing and typo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds as if you deserve you time away. Enjoy! Weeds? Where? Looks like some ornamental grasses to me...just sayin'. Seriously...enjoy the Cape!

    ReplyDelete
  14. NICE!!! I agree with Sarah. You have a fantastic life with so many fabulous and interesting people around you. BTW, your weed looks great! Have an awesome time with Susan and enjoy Cape Cod.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cape Cod, eew, how lovely, we went there eighteen years ago and LOVED it! AND three white dogs, pretty near to heaven in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, Jane. Haven't been here in a while, but I see all is well. I've missed you and your adventures.

    S
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful, it's been the better part of two months.

    Start typing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's September, where are you? Surely not STILL in Cape Cod?! Although I wouldn't blame you, our one holiday there was a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Where are you dear Jane? Missing your blogging!

    ReplyDelete