Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday, Sweet Sunday


This has been such a busy week. Two different house guests, one for dinner and a nights sleep on Wednesday. Dinner at a friends on Thursday and GG's best friend in on Friday from LA for the weekend.

As I'm blogging a big bowl of citrus from California sits to my left and perfumes the air. The Lab is asleep on the couch totally exhausted from a 4 mile hike yesterday and I'm about to go and join her, totally exhausted myself from a Saturday's work, dinner out and then karoke and maybe a little dancing.

It's a sunny but chilly autumn day. I am happily full of sweet cheese pancakes topped with homemade berry jam eaten at a local Eastern European restaurant. And after my nap I have a refrigerator full of delicacies from Whole Foods,including fresh fave beans, to cook.

Oh, and how could I forget, I have an extra hour in which to enjoy every moment of these pleasures.

What a day. What a sweet life.

13 comments:

  1. Yes, you are so right. When it is all said and done, we do have great sweet lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. life is good, indeed.

    enjoy your day, my friend
    sending love to you

    kary and teddy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet cheese pancakes? Sounds peculiar but strangely enticing......

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely words + photos. hope you're having a great weekend :)

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Sunday post or what my lovely flower blogging friend -I love it & pretty pink blooms too. The end of a hurricane is over our way - torches ready! Sinead x

    ReplyDelete
  6. never heard of those pancakes...wow.

    have a wonderful day. one love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous roses and nice blog. Happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, we do and we get to share them with other like minded folk. double sweet.

    Kary & Teddy, Thanks , your weekend is pretty la dolce vita itself.

    Rachel, Hope you return, i linked to a recipe for said pancakes. They were divine.

    Alison, I am, looking forward to reading and SEEING yours.

    Denise, you do. I need more. soon.

    Sinead, didn't know you got hurricanes your way. Hope you're all safe and snug in your beds as I write. Will ceck you tomorrow.

    Se'lah, Make them, you'll LOVE them. One love indeed:)

    Webb, Thanks. hope you're loving your fall days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So it was you who pinched our extra morning hour!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you enjoyed the extra hour - the sweet cheese pancakes sound delish! Gorgeous flowers too by the way...x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm pleased (if a bit envious) that my very best friend should enjoy these comforts and lovely flowers. It's a sweet life for sure, the blogger's idyll.

    ReplyDelete
  12. julienne, it was, damn Americans, thinking everything is theirs!

    Semi Expat, I loooved the extra hour. What a gift.

    Mise, Shall we have the secret blogs where we post the not so sweet moments?

    ReplyDelete